YanniFilter (yes, THAT Yanni): Help me find this shirt...

I just saw the movie High Fidelity for the first time. There was one scene in the record store where Jack Black's character is wearing a t-shirt with Yanni's mug in it's full glory. As soon as I saw it I knew I HAD to have that shirt! I've managed to find some similar shirts on Ebay, but nothing quite as spectacular as the one in the movie. So I will be forever in debt to anyone who can find this shirt available for purchase. Help me MeFi, you're my only hope!
posted by jluce50 to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm trying to remember it. Did it say Live From the Acropolis on it? This one at Ebay might be it. If not, can you describe it or tell what it said (if anything) on it?
posted by iconomy at 9:22 AM on May 12, 2008

I could be wrong (I can't find any pictures online from behind my corporate firewall), but I'm pretty sure it was not the Acropolis shirt. It was black and had a headshot of Yanni taking up most of the space. I remember it not having much else, which is why I don't think it was the Acropolis shirt. I don't remember it having any text, although if it did I'm pretty sure it would have been below his picture.
posted by jluce50 at 9:26 AM on May 12, 2008

You're right, here's a photo (scroll down a bit), and an interesting story about the original t-shirt.
posted by iconomy at 9:35 AM on May 12, 2008

Interesting, thanks. And just for a little more clarification, I saw the DVD so the shirt I'm looking for would be minus the "Kill" and bullet holes.
posted by jluce50 at 10:26 AM on May 12, 2008

Here's one that's pretty similar on Ebay.
posted by triggerfinger at 11:23 AM on May 12, 2008

« Older Sometimes my Entourage allows ...   |  Question about laptop hard dri... Newer »