Help me be a devious, creative and thoughtful secret pal.
I belong to a monthly women's gaming group in my neighborhood - there are 12 core ladies who draw names and act as one person's 'secret pal' for a year. Last year my pal & I discovered fairly quickly that we had each other's names, so there was no pressure to be sneaky, rather just to continue to do nice surprise things for each other on a semi-regular basis.
However, the woman that I have this year is _hard core_ on this. To her, half of the fun is the speculation of who her pal might be. I really want to be able to be able to keep it anonymous for as long as possible.
I have found a secret pal friendly shopping site - http://secretpalsites.com/
- but I'm not impressed. In clicking through to the stores, they seem to be mom & pop-ish, and without actual recommendations or feedback, I am untrusting of quality. What I'd like to know is your best sneaky ideas for nice surprises to be delivered to her home. Also, if you know of any big online retailers who will deliver anonymously. While I can purchase things and try to drop it at her house in stealth, it's tricky because so many of us live so closely together and could be spotted. (Husband can also be identified.)
Things I've already done (it's early in our "year") -
* Flowers delivered to her house the month she hosted. Local florist was told it was a secret, and asked to keep the secret if she called to snoop.
* Had friends from around the country mail her postcards wishing her a good week.
* Regularly mail cards from around the city with different postmarks.
* Set up a gmail account to send her weekly anonymous emails. However, her work email bounces them back, so that's a wash.
Thanks so much!