V8 agrees with me almost too much
May 5, 2008 7:34 AM Subscribe
My lifestyle is pretty healthy overall, but I always feel extra-good after drinking V8. I'm trying to figure out why this particular beverage agrees with me so much when included in a diet that's already pretty good to begin with.
This mystery V8-variable makes me feel pretty good. I wanna identify it so I can be more savvy with my feeling good pursuits.
Some extra data to help formulate theories:
- It's regular V8, never tried the low sodium or other varieties.
- Regular tomato juice doesn't do the trick, although it hints at it.
- Simply eating vegetables never has this effect.
- 2nd place in my "feel awesome"foods is Quinoa, albeit a distant second.
- Diagnosed with Celiac a year ago & maintain a gluten free diet.
- Even with a high-fiber low-sugar diet, I easily succumb to "food comas", although to a lesser extent post-gluten.
- My metabolism is super-fast, to the point that the only way I can GAIN weight is via exercise (which I do religiously)