How to opt out of business credit card offers?

How can I opt out of business credit card offers for my home business when the usual junk mail filter options are geared towards individuals?

I want to opt out of business credit card offers for my home business (incorporated), but websites like Opt Out Prescreen require a social security number (instead of a federal ID number) and the DMA Mail Preference Site require first and last name (when some of the offers are addressed only to the corporation with no name).

Since my business and home address are the same you'd think adding just my name and address to the opt out lists would work, but no. The offers still come.
posted by sharkfu to Work & Money (6 answers total)

I don't think you can. They usually mailing them to *you* anyway, not the business. I know I get plenty of business card offers at home even though I've never owned a business.
posted by meta_eli at 8:52 AM on April 20, 2008

You could route around the requirements of DMA's web form by submitting the request by letter instead.

Ask your local post office if they have any other advice. Surely yours isn't the only business that has tried to put a llid on snail-mail spam. If there's a way to do it, your postmaster knows.
posted by nakedcodemonkey at 9:45 AM on April 20, 2008

Many private mail box companies will take requests to junk all bulk mail. These CC offers are usually bulk mail.
posted by zippy at 10:31 AM on April 20, 2008

... so a solution is to switch your business address to a private mail box company.
posted by zippy at 10:32 AM on April 20, 2008

Are you getting a lot of soliciations from one company in particular. I was getting tonnnss of credit card offers from one company in particular, and I called and asked to be taken off the list and they did so fairly promptly.
posted by radioamy at 10:39 AM on April 20, 2008

At least for individuals, there is a number inside that you can call.. I've done it before, but I don't remember what the computer asked when I called.. Maybe you should see if you can find that number and call it..

We don't get credit card offers anymore :)
posted by majikstreet at 2:02 PM on April 20, 2008

« Older Weird phone behavior filter: I...   |  Help me deal with my defiant a... Newer »