IT Forumz?

Is there an IT Management Forum?

I work as a jack of all trades IT guy. There seem to be forums for everything under the sun, but I can't find anything that I might connect with IT Management folk, IT directors, non profit IT, or mental health IT. Thoughts? Anandtech has a decent tech forum, but conversations don't ever go past single PC conversations.
posted by SirStan to Computers & Internet (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

alt.sysadmin.recovery
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 5:02 PM on March 14, 2008

I completely misread the question. Ignore the above.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 5:04 PM on March 14, 2008

Humorous none the less!
posted by SirStan at 5:09 PM on March 14, 2008

Probably the No I Will Not Fix Your #$@!ing Computer forum on dslreports.com

It's mostly IT people
posted by majikstreet at 5:10 PM on March 14, 2008

How about the forums on Ars Technica?
posted by svolix at 5:24 PM on March 14, 2008

Ars Technica is a good place in general. It might be worth asking there if you don't get a good answer here.
posted by -t at 6:39 PM on March 14, 2008

This is probably the kind of forum you're looking for, but it's a bit sparsely populated right now.
posted by manish at 7:23 PM on March 14, 2008

You might want to check out Educause. it is primarily for IT issues affecting higher education but a lot of the content could easily be translated into non-profit areas. There are a variety of listservs and forums covering everything from identity management to web development which are largely geared towards IT management.
posted by purephase at 10:20 PM on March 14, 2008

CharityChannel's website seems to be designed to annoy, but last time I checked the mailing lists were first-rate. Thoughtful discussion among nonprofit professionals. One of their lists is devoted to technology.
posted by nakedcodemonkey at 11:44 PM on March 14, 2008

« Older I get pretty severe contact de...   |  Where can I find loganberry ju... Newer »