Yo beef is so fat, when it goes to the beach, the tide comes in.
February 5, 2008 3:55 PM Subscribe
I was just browning some ground beef - and I was struck with a moment of inadequacy.
Am I doing this right? Maybe some people do this in a much more sensible way than I do.
So, my question - how do you drain the fat off of your ground beef?
posted by Tbola to food & drink (60 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Here's what I do:
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Push the meat off to one side of the pan.
- Tilt the pan so the fat pools up on the other side.
- With a tablespoon, I slowly scoop out the fat - depositing it into a disposable plastic cup.
- When I'm done, and the fat is close to room temperature, I wrap the cup in plastic wrap, and store it safely in the fridge.
- On garbage day, I put the (mostly re-solidified) fat cup into the garbage.
Critique me, please.