January 21, 2008 7:46 AM Subscribe
I love Velvet Garden
and have been stalking LJ sales communities for bargains. Where else can I find cheap but good thrift/second hand shopping sites online? (Doesn't have to be clothes.)
posted by divabat to work & money (3 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
I've fallen into the thrift shopping trap and I'm not sure I want to get out of it just yet. It's quite fun to find things that suit me for far cheaper than I'll find elsewhere (particularly in my style and size). So far I've used Velvet Garden, GothAuctions, Etsy, eBay, and various Livejournal communities, but would like to know of more resources.
What other websites are great with thrift/second hand shopping? Some details of what I'm looking for:
* Accepts Paypal (eCheques mainly) or Australian bank transfer
* Inexpensive shipping to Australia (I don't mind if it's slow)
* Reliable, preferably with a way to check feedback
Types of shops:
* Clothes/makeup/accessories: I'm open to anything, but my tastes run on the mainstream end of gothic/geeky/businessy/saloon girl. Particularly looking for clothes for US12/UK14-16/L (too big for normal, too small for plus size). LOVE hair stuff and glitter.
* Books: Second hand's great; as long as it's readable it's fine. Prefer non-fiction.
* Also like crafts, creative stuff, anything that helps people
* Others: I don't tend to actively search for anything else unless it's a gift, but I'm open to suggestions.
Recommendations for specific sellers on eBay/Etsy/LJ/etc are welcome too.