How can I see pages side-by-side in Acrobat 8?

How can I open multiple pages at once in Acrobat, so I can see them side-by-side?

I have Acrobat Standard 8.

I have some documents where I'd like to compare pages - see 12 with page 37 side-by side, for instance.

I can't seem to find a way to open both at the same time - only to pop back-and-forth betwen bookmarks.

How does one open several pages at once in the same document, or open multiple instances of Acrobat at once?
posted by penciltopper to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

I'm not sure if you can do that, but what I would do is copy the file and give it a new name. Then open both files and use the tiled window view. Not elegant, but it will give you your desired effect.
posted by demiurge at 10:04 AM on January 14, 2008

Not side-by-side, but top-and-bottom -- drag the tiny area above the vertical scroll bar down. Then you have the same doc open in two panes.
posted by General Malaise at 10:18 AM on January 14, 2008 [1 favorite]

Hm. The top-and-bottom view might work for some things: thanks for that.

Is there, maybe, a way to embed a link to another page/bookmark in the document?
(at a line on page 12, make a hyperlink-type link to page 37 reading "See Page 37"?)
posted by penciltopper at 12:23 PM on January 14, 2008

« Older Is this a reputable tailor for...   |  Hey, business travelers! I've ... Newer »