I hate LA. I HAAAAAATE IT!!!!
January 2, 2008 7:17 PM Subscribe
You don't live in Los Angeles, but you hate it with every fiber of your being. This AskMe is for you! (I'll get to LA lovers & residents later. In the meantime, you should probably avoid this thread.)
posted by miss lynnster to Travel & Transportation around Los Angeles, CA (68 answers total) 31 users marked this as a favorite
I'm working on a writing project dealing with the fiery, flaming passionate hatred that so many people who don't live in Los Angeles hold towards the city. You LA haters are going to love this... because this thread is not intended to mention a single redeeming quality about the place. I don't care if you've never been there, if you've only visited for a short time, if you grew up there and ran for your life, or if you moved there as an adult and left it... if you hate the place with the fire of a thousand suns and love to let people know, do tell. I'm trying to sort out the top reasons that people give for this hatred and listen to the specific stories (please share if there are any!) that inspired it.
Stuff I'm curious to hear about:
1) Whereabouts are you from originally/live now. (To understand the contrast between Los Angeles and the culture that you originated from, if there is any.)
2) How much time have you have spent in LA in your life, and how recently.
3) If you moved there as an adult, what brought you there? Why did you leave?
4) If you have spent time in LA, how did it meet or miss your low/high expectations? Have your opinions on the place changed over the years?
5) WHY do you hate it? WHAT do you hate about it? Is it a general impression? Or was it a specific experience? As I said, any specific stories that capture your impressions of the place or moments that you turned against it are very, very welcome.
Okay, ready? Go!
(And once again, I'll get to LA lovers & residents later. In the meantime, you should probably avoid this thread. This isn't the place to get defensive, LA haters have the floor.)