Wikipedia Wizards Please Help!

How to get custom templates from Wikipedia for a locally installed instance of MediaWiki?

Today I installed a MediaWiki instance on my home XP PC. Having no clue what I was doing it took all day but it's finally working!

I'm trying to get my local wiki to display C-Sharp code snippets in the manner displayed here on the Wikipedia page for C-Sharp; as you can see all of the code is formatted very nicely with color, whereas on my local wiki it looks just like normal text of course.

If I look at the edit view of that Wikipedia page I see all the code snippets are surrounded with these tags:
<source lang="csharp"> [some code] <source\>

So I'm guessing there's some C-Sharp template in Wikipedia which provides context for this 'source' tag.

My question is, how can I get that template downloaded and installed on my local machine so my local MediaWiki instance can reference it?

I've looked on this Wikipedia page about templates and this one about color formatting.

posted by jjsonp to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

It is an extension rather then a template, hence your difficulties in finding it :). It is called SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi.
posted by cspurrier at 8:58 PM on December 28, 2007

I would have *never* found that! Thanks a million. Installing it was easy as pie too.
posted by jjsonp at 7:23 AM on December 29, 2007

« Older How do I fix my PSP backlight?...   |  I was recently given a print. ... Newer »