Where can this user find a Tron game?

Does anyone know where I can find a Tron arcade game to play in the Chicago area? I know about MAME, but it's not the same without the stick, dial, etc. I watched the movie the other night and I must play the game.
posted by lee to Computers & Internet (12 answers total)

did you call gameworks? The one here in Seattle has a Tron machine in their classics zone. Or at least they did last time I went by, it's worth asking.
gameworks
posted by nomisxid at 4:48 PM on November 8, 2007

I'm most definitely not certain, but you might want to call Dave & Buster's at (312) 943-5151 — it's got a lot of games.
posted by WCityMike at 4:56 PM on November 8, 2007

Arcadelocations.com doesn't list anything in Illinois. How about a trip to Lake Geneva?
posted by hydrophonic at 4:57 PM on November 8, 2007

Dennis Place for Games may have it, it is right next to the Belmont stop. Or at least, someone there may have an idea.
posted by rabbitsnake at 5:06 PM on November 8, 2007

My girlfriend would like to go to Lake Geneva. Thanks
I have been to Dave and Busters and I don't remember them having it, I'll call. I am sure it will be an interesting phone call. Tron, HUH, TRon, HUH
posted by lee at 5:07 PM on November 8, 2007

Dennis' doesn't have it, they do have an awesome Frankenstein pinball machine though.
posted by lee at 5:09 PM on November 8, 2007

(Tangential, sorry, but if you have a PC and haven't played the sadly-overlooked Tron2.0 FPS, you should. It's really good, and great-looking considering it's age.)
posted by stavrosthewonderchicken at 5:38 PM on November 8, 2007

Seconding STWC's recommendation.

Tron 2.0 was excellent, and the treatment of the light cycles was very well done as well.
posted by Pogo_Fuzzybutt at 7:58 PM on November 8, 2007

Armagetron might be a good fix until you find the original.
posted by GPF at 8:19 AM on November 9, 2007

Cool Thanks
posted by lee at 9:05 AM on November 9, 2007

Thirding Tron 2.0. What a great game.

I'm pretty sure the dave and buster's downtown doesnt have it. I wouldnt be surprised if it only exists in some old Chucky Cheese or in someone's basement. There's a company called Western Automatic Music on the north side that may rent it or know who has it.
posted by damn dirty ape at 9:11 AM on November 9, 2007

Western Automatic Music is dead, I live right near there.
posted by lee at 2:00 PM on November 17, 2007

« Older I'm trying to make Groaty Pudd...   |  windowsprogramming filter - I ... Newer »