Chicago Cat Owners: where does your cat get his pearly whites polished?

Sliding scale cat dentist in Chicago?

As a follow up to my husband's recent question about cat dental health, it seems we won't be able to tackle this fishy monster ourselves. Can anyone recommend a generous or sliding scale cat dentist in Chicago? We usually take our cats to Cat Hospital on Irving Park, but their prices are outrageous for dental procedures. Any other suggestions?
posted by bash to Pets & Animals (2 answers total)

I don't have a specific suggestion, I'm afraid, but this seems like a perfect question for the local SPCA? They may even do it for you for a reduced fee. They want to help you help the animals.

They won't ask you where you are and show up with a net, despite all those cartoons you've seen! ;-)
posted by tcv at 12:05 PM on October 19, 2007

FWIW, I recently had this done at the Family Pet Animal Hospital at Webster and Southport, and it cost $489 (incl. 1 biopsy, 0 extractions). It's a lot, but was still less than the time I had it done at the Cat Hospital.

If you have a car, you could try calling around to suburban vets, where it's likely to be cheaper. When I lived in rural PA this procedure would cost < 100 dollars.
posted by kickback at 12:38 PM on October 19, 2007

« Older I just finished reading Scott ...   |  I'm looking for a definitive a... Newer »