Please stop my phone ringing with gmail.

I'm aware this might be really obvious, but I need a quick answer - why are my gmail messages suddenly also coming to me in text messages on my cell?

Out of nowhere this morning, seemingly random gmail messages I send to other people are, apropos of nothing, being sent to my cell phone as well. WTF? Help.
posted by Ash3000 to Technology (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Check under gmail settings to see if you have forwarding setup, it's possible that you somehow must've managed to set that up by mistake.

Or perhaps you added your gmail account to your phone and now it's checking for new email. Check your phone's built in email client.
posted by riffola at 10:00 AM on September 13, 2007

Thank you, but neither seems to be the case...
posted by Ash3000 at 10:07 AM on September 13, 2007

Are the emails coming in as a text message? a MMS? or an email?
posted by riffola at 10:18 AM on September 13, 2007

text message, segmented into different parts
posted by Ash3000 at 10:51 AM on September 13, 2007

Have you used your phone number somewhere at google lately? I guess you'd remember using the 987654321@your_phone_carrier.example email address, yes?
posted by cmiller at 12:01 PM on September 13, 2007

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to? I'm almost certain the answer is no.
posted by Ash3000 at 12:20 PM on September 13, 2007

What number and/or email address are they coming from?
posted by niles at 12:57 PM on September 13, 2007

is it possible you are recieving sms for just 'google calender' reminders rather than all email that you recieve in gmail?
if they are google calender reminders, go to:
http://www.google.com/calendar/
click 'settings' (top right) > 'mobile setup' and delete your phone number and save the settings...
posted by tnai at 4:20 PM on September 13, 2007 [1 favorite]

« Older How do you explain God, death,...   |  I'm looking for a secure, reli... Newer »