When you forward a message through outlook, how can you tell who it was forwarded to?

This is probably the most obvious question in obvioustown, but when you forward a message through outlook, how can you tell who it was forwarded to?

Outlook is showing that I have forwarded a message, but there's no record of it in my sent folder, and when I click on the little prompt "You forwarded this message blah blah, Click here to find all related messages", it only pops up the original message.

So essentially, Outlook is showing that the message has been forwarded, but I have no record that it has been, and now way to tell to who. Please hope me?
posted by supercrayon to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

Once it's in sent items, it can be deleted so you'd never see it. Probably happened...
posted by thilmony at 3:05 PM on May 14, 2007

Have you checked your Outbox? Might be stuck in there.
posted by gfrobe at 3:07 PM on May 14, 2007

Another possibility: You clicked on forward then abandoned your draft without sending it. Outlook isn't smart enough to clear the "You forwarded this message" flag when you do that.
posted by timeistight at 3:10 PM on May 14, 2007

You probably didn't forward it. If your Outlook is like my Outlook, this happens if you cancel a forwarded message that was autosaved before you canceled it.

That is, take any unforwarded message and press the forward button. Wait a few minutes for the autosave. (I think 3 minutes is the default. Or, save it manually if you're inpatient.) Then cancel/delete the message before sending it. If you look at the original message, Outlook will say you forwarded it, when in fact the forward was never sent.

The unforwarded message could also be in your Drafts folder.
posted by blue mustard at 3:10 PM on May 14, 2007

If you've deleted it, then do this:

Click on your 'Deleted Items' folder. Then go to 'Tools' and click on 'Recovered Deleted Items'. This should list all your deleted items that you haven't permanently blitzed. Then you can recover the deleted item and see who you sent it to.
posted by essexjan at 3:45 PM on May 14, 2007

Thanks guys!
posted by supercrayon at 3:57 PM on May 14, 2007

Just curious: was there something in my answer that you didn't understand? blue mustard and I both gave you the same information but you marked his answer "best".
posted by timeistight at 9:41 AM on May 15, 2007

« Older I've been asked to give a read...   |  Does anyone know the name of a... Newer »