Where can I find drawstring/gymsack bags with team logos?

I'm looking for some drawstring backpacks with team logos. Any team logo would suffice (NFL, NBA, MLB, FIFA). I'm not even completely sure what people refer to them as. The first time I saw one, the label that came to mind was 'drawstring.' Apparently Nike refers to them as 'gymsacks.' Whatever they're called, it is significantly hard to find them with team logos.
posted by hcastro to Shopping (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Here's one for Manchester fitbah.

The above found doing a GIS.
posted by jamaro at 5:35 PM on April 9, 2007

I hesitate to put this up, since so many people have gotten flak for putting up non-answers lately, but...

...perhaps you could buy a plain gymsack, and then iron a transfer on or sew on a patch?

As jamaro points out, there are some gymsacks with logos available but generally these things come out with logos a year or two after they become popular. By next season, if gymsacks make it big, ever team will have its own, but until then you'll probably just have to wait.
posted by Deathalicious at 5:40 PM on April 9, 2007

Jamaro, good call on the image search.

Deathalicious, that isn't a bad idea. I appreciate the creativity.
posted by hcastro at 6:55 PM on April 9, 2007

Looks like adidas and some other companies call them sack packs, which is actually a sort of horrible name from a marketing standpoint, but you might get more results with that. I found a merchant with an assortment of college and MLB logos offered. It looks like Jansport makes the NFL versions and calls it the Tight End bag. Try some of those terms, or drawstring bag, along with a specific team or league you're looking for and you should be able to find it. If you were really picky, it would probably have been easier to find the exact bag you'd like.
posted by kyleg at 10:15 PM on April 9, 2007

Thanks kyleg. It would really be nice if these manufacturers used a common name. In addition to the shops you located, this site has soccer club & national teams.
posted by hcastro at 4:01 AM on April 10, 2007

« Older Cool classical music facts for...   |  Is it totally insane for me to... Newer »