Your favorite stats & graph tools

Looking for examples of great statistics display interfaces. This is preferably on the web, but I'd also like to know anything you found particularly compelling.

I'm working on a project right now that will, amongst other things, track sports statistics. Graphs are great, but so are interesting looking tables. I'm not interested in the content of the data, as much as the how it's presented. Thanks!
posted by arrhn to Technology (7 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

I'm sure many people will point out the baby name voyager.
posted by selfmedicating at 9:01 AM on April 2, 2007

I assume you've read Tufte
posted by DU at 9:02 AM on April 2, 2007

Not directly answering your request, but hopefully helpful: Gapminder.org are working at improving the utilisation and presentation of statistics. I'm not sure if there is an actual tool available for download, but the TED talk (video), amongst other items on the site, really illustrates how statistics can be presented in an interesting manner.
posted by Jakey at 9:41 AM on April 2, 2007

Many Eyes
posted by Mr. Gunn at 9:45 AM on April 2, 2007

Browse through infosthetics, as it is a wonderful thing. For instance, this is pretty.
posted by metaculpa at 10:03 AM on April 2, 2007

My boy, you need yourself some information visualization.
posted by zpousman at 11:13 AM on April 2, 2007

www.epispider.org - a (good?) example of the use of Tufte's sparklines (bottom right - you may need to scroll), as well as implementation of an AI scan of literature to determine time, location and type of disease reports and plot on three different map technologies with interactive data mining.

Kinda cool.
posted by blue_wardrobe at 4:48 PM on April 2, 2007

« Older How do I restore the graphic a...   |  Scanning a book and converting... Newer »