Roast Whole Pineapple

Tell me about how to roast a whole pineapple.

So the supermarket had whole pineapples on sale last night. My wife and I love the whole roasted pineapples that are brought around at the rodizio restaurants. What's the proper way to roast a whole pineapple, rodizio-style?
posted by mr_crash_davis to Food & Drink (5 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

I would suggest quartering and coring it, coating the pieces in cinnamon and sugar, and grilling, either on skewers or just on the grill. Wait for the cinnamon to carmelize. I've seen some places use cinnamon liqueur, but that's more for show than is practical to do at home.
posted by seymour.skinner at 2:30 PM on March 3, 2007

This recipe explains how to roast a pineapple whole.
posted by wryly at 3:21 PM on March 3, 2007 [2 favorites]

Man, that sounds delicious! The question had me searching, and while this isn't what you're looking for, I think I'll definitely have to try this Tequila and lime baked pineapple from Epicurious some time soon.
posted by AwkwardPause at 4:11 PM on March 3, 2007 [1 favorite]

Flagged as delicious.
posted by lekvar at 11:02 PM on March 3, 2007

We used the recipe wryly linked (minus the rum - in Utah on a Sunday there's no place to buy any), and it was pretty tasty. Next time, we're going to give seymour.skinner's skewer-and-grill method a shot.
posted by mr_crash_davis at 8:12 PM on March 4, 2007

« Older What's the best option for ext...   |  Is there a way to sneak a came... Newer »