Is the famous "Bus Stop" episode "A Lion Walks Among Us" available anywhere?

Is the famous "Bus Stop" episode "A Lion Walks Among Us" available anywhere? "Bus Stop" was an ABC show in 1961, and singer Fabian played a psychotic killer in the "Lion" episode, which was directed by Robert Altman. Many affiliates banned it and it reportedly hurt Fabian's career for a while (apparently he kills an old man with an axe). I'm wondering how tame the show would appear to our jaded eyes of 2007, but since it's so old and was so controversial, figure it may not be available at all.
posted by GaelFC to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Did you check the Museum of Television and Radio to see if they have it in their archive?

It was a very short-lived show, so finding it "in the wild", as it were, would be almost impossible. MTR has amazing archives, though.
posted by briank at 7:05 PM on February 23, 2007

It's a little bit of a confusing site, but this fellow may have a copy for sale:

http://members.aol.com/terrortv/terrortv.html
posted by bottlebrushtree at 10:16 PM on February 23, 2007

Thanks to you both!
posted by GaelFC at 10:45 PM on February 23, 2007

« Older I have just watched the Vin Di...   |  How can I pass data created vi... Newer »