how do get more people to participate in my adventure racing site?
February 16, 2007 6:08 PM Subscribe
i'm trying to increase participation and membership in the (free) adventure racing website i built, what can i do that i haven't already done?
posted by dolface to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
we have no income, so any expenses are out of pocket, and we'd like to keep them minimal.
here's what we've done so far:
- a regular ad in the 'activity partners' section of the local cl
- regular announcements on the local AR yahoo group (i've talked with the list owner, and he's assured me that and we're not stepping on his toes)
- gotten listed in dmoz
- free 'adventure racing 101' clinics at local sports stores
- 'adventure racing 101' presentations at triathlon clubs
- a booth at adventure races and triathlons
- reasonably slick postcards left at gyms/REI's/similar places
- branded t-shirts and socks given to race directors to award as prizes
- semi-regular social events
- semi-regular training events (usually free, but some have had a nominal fee < $20)
- an adventure racing team that does pretty well at regional races (top 3)
- other stuff, but this list is getting too long
so, am i missing anything, or doing anything i shouldn't? i'm not trying to make money, i'm just trying to get more people into the sport.