How can I recover my deleted Froogle list?

How can I recover my deleted Froogle list? I once had a lengthy (20-30 items?) shopping list on Froogle, here. I pointed people to this list as recently as December and it was full then. It now appears the entire list is gone. The items for myself aren't that important (if I can't remember I want it, maybe I don't really need it), but I used the list to keep track of gift ideas for others, and I'd really like to recover those. I've searched for an older cache on the Wayback Machine, Google, and Yahoo, with no luck. And I can't find any means of contacting Google for help.
posted by scottreynen to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

Froogle beta. Bad Froogle.
posted by deadfather at 8:03 AM on February 15, 2007

Although, that smacks of a session ID. Can you access it this way?:

http://froogle.google.com/shoppinglist/shoppinglist?action=ShowWishList&email=YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS
posted by deadfather at 8:07 AM on February 15, 2007

deadfather, no, searching by email isn't any different. That ID is a list ID, not a session ID. The ID URL is the URL Froogle has always suggested sending to others.
posted by scottreynen at 8:12 AM on February 15, 2007

And I assume you can't view it when logged in, either? When I log into Google and click on "My Account", there is a link to my Froogle shopping list. If that's not there, then it's likely gone.
posted by deadfather at 8:17 AM on February 15, 2007

Yes, I know how to login to Froogle, and I know it's gone. But I assume there's a copy somewhere, either a Google internal backup (which would require me contacting Google) or some 3rd party cache (e.g., those I listed), that would allow me to at least partially recover it.
posted by scottreynen at 8:29 AM on February 15, 2007

MSN has a cache, but there's only 5 things on it.
posted by deadfather at 8:52 AM on February 15, 2007

Wait ... MSN is dumb.

« Older What was the bright pinkish-re...   |  Where can I find some great in... Newer »