Where do I find mexican oilcloth on the cheap in San Francisco?

San FranciscoFilter: Where in San Francisco can I find Mexican Oilcloth like this?

Earlier this week I scored a free lime green Peg Perego Prima Pappa High Chair. Sweet! Problem is, the detachable pad is completely trashed. I was thinking about covering the pad in some of that fruit patterned oilcloth you often see in mexican restaurants. Unfortunately, the only places I've ever seen it has been in uber-hipster retail shops where it is ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know where I can get the mexican oilcloth at a reasonable price, or failing that, a place that sells oilcloth in various patterns and funky colors?
posted by echolalia67 to Home & Garden (6 answers total)

Fabric.com has a few kinds.
posted by Ambrosia Voyeur at 8:18 PM on February 2, 2007

I would try Darlene's Fabric on Mission (around 24th, I think) - you might call first, but I think I've seen it there.
posted by judith at 8:20 PM on February 2, 2007

Amazon has oilcloth tablecloths made by a company called A.H. Mercantile, with fruit patterns like the one you like.
posted by LobsterMitten at 9:44 PM on February 2, 2007

Fabric Outlet is at 2109 Mission, not too far from Darlene's. I usually hit both at the same time (I've never actively looked for oilcloth so not sure, but worth a call too).
posted by birdie birdington at 10:51 PM on February 2, 2007

The first link is now broken, unfortunately...
posted by scarabic at 8:58 AM on February 3, 2007

Poppy Fabric in Oakland has lots of oilcloth. You can get there on BART. It's near the Rockridge Station. You'll have to walk about 6 blocks or so, but they do have a nice selection. I was there a week ago and noticed it. Also call up Mendel's Far Out Fabrics on Haight.
posted by Lockjaw at 9:14 AM on February 3, 2007

« Older Converting MIDIto DIN   |   Router problems Newer »