How to look like the people inside the magix box?

The wife and I are big fans of Dexter. Can anyone identify this hat and/or shirt?

I'm guessing the shirt Dexter wears is some sort of Henley, (at least that's what my wife is calling it), and I might be able to find something like it at Abercrombie, Old Navy, etc. Angel's hat is a different story. I have no clue where to look. I always thought it looked like black leather, but another pic I found has him wearing something very different. It looks on the show like he only wears one hat, so that may be it. Anyone know where to find anything like in either of the photos?
posted by monkeymadness to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total)

It might be this hat.
posted by vacapinta at 9:43 PM on January 29, 2007

The shirt is definitely a henley... Looks like it's a design similar to L.L. Bean... Don't know about the hat, sorry.
posted by amyms at 9:48 PM on January 29, 2007

I've bought some Henleys at Old Navy. That was a couple of months ago though. I don't know if they'd still be in stock.
posted by jourman2 at 6:04 AM on January 30, 2007

That's a henley, but there's no way it's from Bean's. It's hard to say where to find the exact one, since it's so basic, but certainly the trendier and/or chain stores like Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie, etc. would have something closer to it--with a slimmer fit and thinner fabric, and that contrast stitching, too. A Bean's henley will be boxier and won't have the details...more designed for warmth than style. They dressed Hall in a lot of long, close-fitting shirts in Dexter--if that's the look you're going for, you won't be happy with what you'd get at Bean's. But henleys are popular right now. You should be able to find them almost anywhere.
posted by lampoil at 7:02 AM on January 30, 2007

I might try this one from American Apparel. Looks like there are about three rows of contrast stitching right next to each other in your picture there. If you have a sewing machine, you could put this on any henley you buy, it would just take a little time. By the way, that shirt looks like it cost a lot of money (trendy)
posted by Eringatang at 7:52 AM on January 30, 2007

That one looks good, Eringatang. Maybe I'll pick one of those up. The hat vacapinta posted a link to looks like the same style, but made a little differently. It's the closest I've seen, though. Anyone else have ideas on the hat?
posted by monkeymadness at 8:51 AM on January 30, 2007

It's a felt fedora. Here's a search from ebay --some look pretty good. You will have to know your hat size to buy one. You can probably buy a hat like this at a costume store.
posted by Eringatang at 8:58 PM on January 30, 2007

Oh, maybe it's a straw fedora. Here are some more.
posted by Eringatang at 9:00 PM on January 30, 2007

« Older I'm saving up for a laptop, bu...   |  January is Quarter Life Crisis... Newer »