How to move to Europe and find employment?
December 4, 2006 9:41 AM Subscribe
I decided to move back to Europe, however I will need a job. I have about 3 years of work experience (all of which in the US) and have no idea what the job market looks like in Europe.
posted by barrakuda to work & money (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
About me: MA in int'l relations (BA in econ and int'l relations) - both degrees from American universities - the MA from a quite reputable one; 3 years of work experience at an international organization; speak 4 languages fluently; EU membership.
My vague plan: to move to Europe, considering the UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Poland. Catch - I am not sure if I would want to continue working in International Development - my possible interests include investment banking, marketing/advertising, journalism.
- Can you recommend good European Job Search engines?
- Can you recommend any particular companies?
- Can you recommend any interesting careers (that are possible for me to get into without further studies)?
- Can you tell me about job search culture in Europe? How is it done? Here in the US it's all in 'networking'?
- Can you recommend any other particular countries? Why?
- Can you tell me where to start?
- Any additional advice for jobhunting and applying for jobs in Europe?