Smack Smack Blam Blam

Trying to find a Flash game that I played a good couple of years ago. It was one of your average sidescrolling fighting games, pitting you against a bunch of baddies, with the somewhat unique catch that nobody had any arms, just hands.

The control scheme consisted of mouse movement--the player's primary hand aims in the direction your cursor is in relative to his current position, and you either click to fire a gun (if you have one equipped) or move his hand back and then whip it forward (if he has a melee weapon equipped...I think there were knives and bats, at least).

Killing enemies usually resulted in weapon drops; I think there was also a jet-pack you could get later on; I don't think there was a lot of platforming involved, it was mostly just fighting on the ground level, although the backgrounds did scroll; that's about it. I think it was fairly bloody. The graphics were all right, definitely better than the average crappy Flash game that you find on e.g. albinoblacksheep.com.

I've Googled as best I can for something this vague, and searched through the contents of the 'flash+games' tags on the Blue and didn't find it, although to be honest I have no idea if I found it via MeFi or some other venue (I looked around a bit on aforementioned Albino Blacksheep to no avail).
posted by cyrusdogstar to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

I think you're probably talking about Madness Interactive...
posted by johnsmith415 at 4:44 PM on October 17, 2006

Someone beat me to the punch. That has to be it.
posted by Krrrlson at 4:55 PM on October 17, 2006

Was it Thing Thing Arena or Thing Thing 3?
posted by lekvar at 5:30 PM on October 17, 2006

Madness was it! Looks like there's a whole series of them now...not sure which one I played, but I'll check them all out. Many thanks!
posted by cyrusdogstar at 8:41 PM on October 17, 2006

« Older Is there any way to access one...   |  Why do some search engines all... Newer »