Songs to shake,shake, shake, shake your booty?
October 11, 2006 7:47 PM Subscribe
I need help/recommendations for putting together a 30 minute dance set.
posted by trixare4kids to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (13 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I need recommendations for really good “shake that ass” songs for a 30 minute dance set – ending with a couple slower ones at the end.
1) The crowd is 30+ in age, mostly white.
2) I'm trying to mix some familiar (but not overused) stuff with some newer and/or more obscure stuff
3) I'd like a mix of different kinds of music - rock/hip hop/classics/world music/whatever – but I personally like lots of layers of beat.
4) I'd like to stay away from the standard "Love Shack” and thumpa thumpa thumpa rave stuff.
5) As for putting together the set, I'm trying to follow the advice given by another metafilter user who wrote "A good general rule of pacing: songs should gradually get faster and faster, until there's a sudden change to a slow song. Going from a really up track to a slightly more sluggish one will have a sluggish effect on the mood of the event. Corollary: keep consistency in groups of songs. Make sure the old-people-slow-dancing songs come together in a set......."
Songs I am just considering but not aren't set in stone:
Sean Paul – Temperature
Nina - Move your body
Juvenile – slow motion
... after that I'm stumped so I would be very grateful for any suggestions or help.
Thank you, fellow metafilter users!