Evite + PayPal?

In coordinating events for a small alumni group I want to collect money in advance of each event, so that somebody's not left holding the bag when a few people don't show up. I'm basically looking for Evite, but requiring payment in order to RSVP in the affirmative. (It turns out Evite doesn't do this.) Is there any such service?
posted by waldo to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Mollyguard might work for you.
posted by cairnish at 1:45 PM on August 15, 2006

I was recently invited to an event that used Evite to pay for tickets. Are you sure Evite doesn't do that?
posted by MeetMegan at 1:46 PM on August 15, 2006

If Evite does perform such a service, they're hiding it very cleverly. It seems so drop-dead obvious that I can't see why they wouldn't do it.
posted by waldo at 1:51 PM on August 15, 2006

What MeetMegan said. Me too.
posted by amro at 1:52 PM on August 15, 2006

From the Evite FAQs: How do I set it up so that I can collect payments/dues for an event? Have a good time!
posted by NYCinephile at 1:58 PM on August 15, 2006

Wonderful -- thank you, NYCinephile. I pored over Evite's site and couldn't find any such link anywhere. Though Mollyguard looks just fine, too.
posted by waldo at 2:42 PM on August 15, 2006

« Older Experiences using ACE in large...   |  Looking for advice on stereo s... Newer »