car seemingly overheats while idling. Help!?
May 21, 2006 1:24 AM Subscribe
My car's engine heat indicator suddenly began soaring anytime I idle. This can't be good. What is the cause, and how do I fix?
posted by donmayo to travel & transportation (12 answers total)
Facts (some may be irrelevant):
1. Newer model car (05 Hynudai Sonata)
2. 5 days ago, the car seemed to reset itself (signs: clock reset, AC now celcius, back to drive-learning mode)
3. I never disconnected the battery in that time.
4. On cold start, engine heat indicator doesn't move at all.
5. On warm start, indicator continues up very slowly while driving (stops about 1/2)
6. In idle, continues up into red.