Insurance Broker

Can anyone recommend a good insurance broker for the San Francisco Bay Area? My current guy is getting very flaky and I want to shop around for my home owners and car insurance. I'm looking for someone I can trust. -Thanks.
posted by tichance to Work & Money (4 answers total)

I've been using Campus Insurance in San Jose for my car insurance and renter's insurance. I don't really talk to them that often, but I think they're pretty good. They are certainly friendly and they shop around for policies.
posted by hammurderer at 5:12 PM on May 19, 2006

Amica insurance is nationwide but based in San Rafael, CA I think. I've used them for years and been very happy. When my car was stolen they paid for the loaner for a month and gave me blue book replacement value, no hassle. Consumer reports ranked them highly back in the 90's when I started with them.
posted by selfmedicating at 7:37 PM on May 19, 2006

I second Amica
posted by special-k at 11:06 PM on May 19, 2006

Amica was also ranked #1 in customer satisfaction by JD. Power last year IIRC

« Older I want to create a short movie...   |  How do I keep my dog from peei... Newer »