Marzetti Original Slaw Dressing

I live in Canada and cannot buy Marzetti Original Slaw Dressing. I have tried twice, but cannot get the egg taste. Even with 3 eggs, sugar and oil in a double boiler, I cannot get the taste right. Can anyone help?
posted by bright77blue to Food & Drink (5 answers total)

Buy it online from a store like this one (which I've never used). If you send it to a friend or if a friend sends it to you and you mark the outside of the package /waybill as a gift under C$60 and put a note inside (packing notice?) that says the same, you won't have to pay duty. I assume you have a friend who would buy it for you as a gift or that you have a friend who might want a case as a gift...right?
posted by acoutu at 7:51 PM on May 14, 2006

Aaargggh. Sorry. I just noticed they don't ship to Canada. Still, you should be able to find a store that will ship. You could aksi try talking to your local retailer to see if they'll stock it for you (you could offer to buy a whole case). Or maybe someone on AskMefi will volunteer to ship some to you.
posted by acoutu at 9:26 PM on May 14, 2006

What about this recipe?
posted by sanitycheck at 11:08 AM on May 15, 2006

Hi

Thanks, I have - but for some reason it does not taste the same.
posted by bright77blue at 1:53 PM on May 15, 2006

Almost Marzetti's Slaw Dressing

I would be willing to ship you some if you can't find a recipe that works for you.
posted by SuperSquirrel at 2:30 PM on May 15, 2006

« Older Is it my imagination, or do gr...   |  I know similar questions have ... Newer »