Does a 530 GMAT mean I will not get into NYU?
May 11, 2006 3:38 PM Subscribe
So I bombed my GMAT test today. Can I still get into grad school?
posted by UMDirector to education (20 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
So I took the GMAT today and only got a 530...while my verbal was excellent I tanked the math. I am trying to go to NYU but 90% of their students scored 640 or above. What are my odds of being in the other 10%...530 is a pretty horrible score...I think my essays in my application are strong and I got two good recommendations but am concerned the GMAT might be the end of me.
I also wrote an optional essay talking about why I stayed at my previous job for so long but now am considering rewriting it to talk about why I bombed the math portion of the GMAT and my verbal and ideation skills make up for it.
So what should I do? I should also mention this is for their part time program.