mind the crockery!

I need a man with a van in London.

I need to shift around 10 boxes, 1 desk, 1 bookcase and 1 wardrobe from Camberwell in South London to Finsbury Park. I can't find the company I used last time. Does anyone have any recommendations of a reliable man-with-a-van who can help me do this?
posted by oh pollo! to Home & Garden (4 answers total)

I used this guy - he's friendly and in South London. He turned up on time n that. I can't remember if his van's big enough though. You can talk to him anyway.

Simon 8673 7054/07771 848 554
posted by lunkfish at 10:07 AM on March 28, 2006

I have used Taxi-Vans before and found them cheap, efficient and helpful - they will also unload boxes for you if you want.
posted by greycap at 10:30 AM on March 28, 2006

See this post I made. I ended up using Man and Van Hire and despite their truly awful web design, the guy who turned up was very friendly and helpful. It ended up costing less than a third of a professional mover and was much quicker to boot.
posted by adrianhon at 12:31 PM on March 28, 2006

ok, I ended up using these guys: Aussie Man with a van and they were excellent.
posted by oh pollo! at 2:13 AM on April 5, 2006

« Older I would like to know the speci...   |  Is it possible to view and bro... Newer »