Looking for my baseball glove.
March 20, 2006 6:25 PM Subscribe
My beautiful baseball glove was stolen about ten years ago when I was too young to know better. I'd love to buy another one of the same or similar type, but all I can remember is a few specifics. Fortunately, it was pretty unique. Details inside.
posted by DrJohnEvans to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (7 answers total)
I can't remember important things like the brand, but I do remember lots about the glove itself:
- The colour was a rich, dark, red. Almost mahogany.
- The web was a cross-like H-web style, so like this as opposed to this.
- The stitching was black.
- The rest of the trim (what little there was) was gold.
- It was for a lefty thrower, i.e. worn on the right hand.
- I think the back was open, rather than a one-finger style, but I'm not one-hundred-percent positive.
I'm sure the actual model has been retired for years, but I'd love to find any descendants that match this sort of description. I've searched stores both online and offline but I'm having a very tough time finding a lefty mahogany glove with an H-web.