Help us find a car! Please don't recommend the (ugly) HHR!
March 14, 2006 12:25 PM Subscribe
So, my wife and I are ready to buy a car, and we need some suggestions...
posted by richardhay to Shopping (42 answers total)
Over the past few days, we've been driving around to several dealerships in the area looking at various new and used cars. So far, we've found three that we really like:
Chrysler P.T. Cruiser
Chrysler P.T. Cruiser Convertible
As you can probably tell from the list above, we're looking for something like a small (really small) suv that has some styling to it. We want to spend between $14,000 and $17,500 and are willing to consider both used and new cars.
The requirements are:
1. Reasonable amount of space for two adults and files/a few boxes, suitcases, etc.
2. The driver and passanger should sit more upright than they do in a traditional sedan (like the Taurus, etc.).
3. The vehicle should have space on its side back windows for a logo.
4. The vehicle should get reasonably good gas mileage, as it will be used for both daily in-town driving, and longer business and personal trips.
5. Its got to look nice. We love the Cruiser, but hate the HHR, if that helps. (and, yes, I know the xB is ugly and looks like a box, but for some reason, we still like it!)
So, does anyone have any suggestions of other vehicles that we should look at? Any help or advice is appreciated!