Switching Audio Outputs in OSX

Is there a way to quickly switch between audio outputs in OS X? I have speakers set up through a Griffin iMic, and I also have headphones that I plug into my iBook's headphone jack. Sometimes I like to be able to quickly switch from one to another. Currently I have to go to the sound preference pane choose from my options there. Obviously this isn't an enormous pain in the ass, but it would be nice if I could map it to a keystroke or something. I have Quicksilver and have fiddled with it a little, but if there is a way to make it do what I want, I can't figure it out.
posted by rossination to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

MacOSX Hints: An AppleScript to change sound output device.
posted by nathan_teske at 1:06 AM on February 13, 2006

SoundSource is a free menu extra for switching your audio input and output devices. Likewise for Sound Menu.

If you can hang with AppleScript, this script for switching output devices could be triggered via Quicksilver.
posted by disarray at 1:08 AM on February 13, 2006

Wow, shoot. I guess I hadn't even thought of AppleScript as a solution. I can't say I've really "hung with AppleScript" before, but I managed to figure it out.
posted by rossination at 1:27 AM on February 13, 2006

« Older I am moving from santa cruz to...   |  Unicode Filter - How do I go a... Newer »