Help me find a good spiralizer so I can get oodles and oodles of zoodles

I have this basic, manual spiralizer. It meets all my needs except the manual twisting. Can you recommend a good, basic spiralizer that has some kind of feature that helps you twist the zucchini?

The most important requirement is size. I have a tiny kitchen so the smaller or more compact the better.

The one I have has twisty gripper thing, but it doesn't always grab smaller zukes and you still end up making quarter turns.

It definitely doesn't need to be electric, and let's say under $50 to cast a wide net.

Please help my aching wrists!
posted by Room 641-A to Food & Drink (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm a recent convert of the Wirecutter, here's their take (although their top two picks look pretty bulky, alas).
posted by dbmcd at 3:04 PM on November 6 [2 favorites]

I have this one. It's pretty good...but it's enormous. I keep pretty much all my useful stuff out within grabbing reach, and I can't with this thing. It's really big when assembled. Frankly it's pretty big in the box, which I've stashed down in the pots/pans cupboard.
posted by Lyn Never at 3:09 PM on November 6 [2 favorites]

I have the paderno. It’s fine. If I had it to do over again, I would have purchased a spiralizer blade for my food processor. It would take up less space and probably work more efficiently.
posted by songs_about_rainbows at 3:56 PM on November 6 [1 favorite]

I have the oxo that the wire cutter recommends and it is great.
posted by k8t at 7:20 PM on November 6 [1 favorite]

I have the OXO as well, and it's so much better than the hand-twisting kind we were using before. It's a little bulky, but so worth it.
posted by thejanna at 12:19 PM on November 7 [1 favorite]

If I had it to do over again, I would have purchased a spiralizer blade for my food processor. It would take up less space and probably work more efficiently.

I thought this was a great idea, but it looks like kitchen aid doesn’t make a spiralizer blade for my food processor. But I dug up the julienne disc, and it works great. The zoodles get cut up anyway, and these are slightly thicker, just enough so it’s easier to avoid mush.

I did manage to find a small spiralizer, though, if anyone is looking for one. It’s a Cuisinart, and just what I was picturing.
posted by Room 641-A at 5:21 PM on November 11

« Older Which MIDI-USB cable do I need?   |   Walk me through the disability process? (U.S.)
 Newer »