Key questions to ask, resources to review on renewal energy & mfg?

I'm doing research in the renewal energy and manufacturing. I want to get to know the industry quickly, and will be doing phone interviews with business owners to discover their key pain points in their business (centered around their marketing). These are not sales calls, just informational interviews. Snowflake details inside.

Two questions:
* What are five questions I should be asking to learn their unique challenges? I have some standard ones, but are some specific to the industry I should ask?
* What are the best resources (websites, books, industry associations, etc.) to get me up to speed on the industry?

My knowledge of the industry comes mainly from general interest reading (Fortune, Vox, New Yorker, NY Times) and the book "Reinventing Fire".
posted by falcon42 to Technology (3 answers total)

To start with, I think you mean renewable energy.
posted by theora55 at 2:20 PM on October 3

Wikipedia is a good place to start, Renewable Energy. See section 4 on the industry.
posted by at at 2:42 PM on October 3

Yep - my typo. I asked MeFi admin to fix it.
posted by falcon42 at 1:03 PM on October 5

« Older Loving my rowing machine - what's it doing to my...   |   What are your favourite dance videos to watch? Newer »