1993 KC Royals autograph?

A friend rescued a box of childhood memorabilia from a his parents' house, including this signed stub from the June 8, 1993 Kansas City Royals game. The autograph is illegible, and we'd love to figure out who signed it. It looks like they lost to the Yankees that night, 4-9. The '93 roster was pretty easy to find, but there's no obvious match (unless I'm reading the first letters wrong). Jeff Granger? John Habayan? Thanks, AskMeFi! http://i63.tinypic.com/20qxufo.jpg
posted by brozek to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (8 answers total)

Felix Jose?
posted by neilbert at 8:29 PM on October 1

FYI you can search [player name] + autograph and you'll find examples of their signatures, if that helps. Here are a couple; neither jumped out at me: Felix Jose, Jeff Granger
posted by lalex at 8:44 PM on October 1

It is Andy Stankiewicz from the Yankees upside down.
posted by Yorrick at 8:46 PM on October 1 [10 favorites]

I am +1 for Yorrick's answer.
posted by AugustWest at 8:48 PM on October 1

VERY IMPRESSIVE
posted by lalex at 8:50 PM on October 1

Jeff Granger and John Habyan weren't on the Royals' roster on June 8, so far as I can tell. (Though Habyan was on the Yankees' roster.) Stankiewicz was actually making his first MLB appearance of the season that day, so that one checks out.
posted by Polycarp at 8:51 PM on October 1 [1 favorite]

Stankiewicz upside-down it is! Which makes perfect sense since my friend would've probably handed him the ticket right side up for himself. Thanks!
posted by brozek at 8:59 PM on October 1

« Older Popover fail   |   Who makes a high quality shoulder/mid-back length... Newer »