Seattle resume services?

Can you recommend a service or person in/around Seattle who can help me write a resume for essentially the first time in 20 years?

I have worked for the same university program for over 20 years; started as a temp in 1995 and am now the program director. It may be time to start exploring other options, and I have no idea how to write a decent resume in 2017. I don't even know what one looks like, jeez.

Have you have any good resume writing/editing experiences with a particular company or person in the Seattle area?
posted by tristeza to Work & Money (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I've got a pretty good template that was handed down to me years ago. It still does the job quite well. Message me and I'll email a copy over to you.
posted by furnace.heart at 5:32 PM on September 11 [2 favorites]

This is not specific to Seattle, but workforce development offices in most places have staff specifically trained for this.

Also maybe worth a phone call: this is the specialty of career services offices at community colleges. At this point in fall term, they may have time to help out a community member. Ours (here in Iowa, so take it with a grain of salt) is open to the public, basically. And if they can't help, they'll know someone who can.
posted by Caxton1476 at 7:31 PM on September 11 [1 favorite]

Again, not a resume service, but the Ask A Manager book is 40% off right now. The book won't write you a resume and can't give you feedback, but it can at least point you in the right direction.
posted by mskyle at 7:24 AM on September 12 [2 favorites]

I have never used an local service, but I've used Resume to Interviews several times (as has my husband) and it's been a great experience. It is pretty slow and labor-intensive, but the result is great, and helped me understand my own experience better.
posted by radioamy at 11:32 AM on September 12 [1 favorite]

Does your university have a career services department? Could you wander over and have a chat with them?
posted by aniola at 12:05 PM on September 12

« Older How boned is my desktop PC?   |   Is this hemlock? Or otherwise poisonous? Newer »