Article about voice teacher's opinions about metal singers?
August 10, 2017 7:34 AM   Subscribe

A few years ago, no idea how many, I read an interesting article in which a voice teacher(?) listened to famous heavy metal singers and talked about their techniques. I believe she(?) talked about Rob Halford from Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, possibly King Crimson, and possibly more. Can you find it for me? Yes, I've tried to Google it. (Inspired by this post.)
posted by goatdog to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite

This is it, or it's similar at least.
posted by COD at 7:38 AM on August 10 [4 favorites]

Thank you!
posted by goatdog at 8:11 AM on August 10

Also, the article doesn't mention Geoff Tate of Queensryche, who actually studied voice and thought he'd become an opera singer. Give Operation: Mindcrime a listen if you're not familiar with his pipes.
posted by knownassociate at 9:07 AM on August 10 [1 favorite]

Oh hey, I remembered seeing this on MetaFilter. Here's the MeFi thread in case you want to read the discussion from back then.

The voice teacher (Claudia Friedlander) posted an earlier version on her blog before it was published on Invisible Oranges, so here's a second link as well.
posted by rangefinder 1.4 at 9:58 PM on August 10 [1 favorite]

« Older Looking for legal resources to address pay case in...   |   Grown Up Lady Work Dresses. Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments