Who was Kinky Dan?

In the early 70s as a schoolkid in semi-rural England, I collected bubble gum stickers, in particular a series called 'Kinky Dan, The Bubble Gum Man'. A brightly coloured bulbous homunculus, said Dan was frequently pictured yelling a short phrase. There is virtually nothing about this product on the Internet - a few collector-style pictures, catalogue entries and eBay postings, but I want to know as much about who, why, how and what as I can. How widely was this sold? Who was behind it? Was there a cult psychedelic spin-off movie? Help me scratch this nostalgia itch...
posted by Devonian to Grab Bag (1 answer total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Kinky Dan wrappers indicate it was made by Dandy Gum, now known as Gumlink, a Danish chewing gum manufacturer best known for Stimorol. Looks like there's all sorts of Dandy collectibles.
posted by zamboni at 8:13 AM on July 30

« Older Is this a bed bug?   |   Can anyone help identify this ethnic engraved... Newer »