Help me find a better plain white tee
July 16, 2017 9:45 AM   Subscribe

Plain white t-shirts (paired with more statement-y shorts, pants, and shoes) have become my uniform. I have so far been well-served by uniqlo's offering, but if I'm going to be wearing the same shirt 3-5 days per week I think I can do better than basically an undershirt. Additional requirement: ethically produced, and not more than $30 each. Help?
posted by BuddhaInABucket to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

My go to t-shirt is the LL Bean "unshrinkable" tee. I think they come in white but I don't have any white ones.
posted by primethyme at 9:57 AM on July 16

I recommend Everlane.
posted by katie at 10:26 AM on July 16 [2 favorites]

I have liked both Bean and Eddie Bauer cotton T's. If you are concerned about the ethics thing, and it's only a tangential thing, there are many who have stopped buying Bean because of one of Bean family support for the Trumps.
posted by nothing.especially.clever at 11:07 AM on July 16

Consider Apolis. I have another type of t-shirt from them, not this one, and it is lovely.
posted by sheldman at 11:15 AM on July 16

American Giant makes plain white tshirts. They seem well made and my experience with their products is that they're very durable.
posted by potrzebie at 12:52 PM on July 16

Pistol Lake (crew neck, V-Neck). High quality, made in LA, $30/$25 pre-order.
posted by ludwig_van at 3:08 PM on July 16

Gustin. Weargustin.com

Made in the US, quite comfortable.
posted by rock swoon has no past at 1:04 PM on July 17

I've some Zorrel's that i absolutely love: http://www.zorrel.com/
posted by at at 5:14 PM on July 17

« Older 99 note-taking Chrome extensions, but not this one...   |   How to tell client I'm blowing another deadline? Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments