99 note-taking Chrome extensions, but not this one.

I'm looking for a way to make notes directly on a webpage with the below requirements. This seems like it should be easier to do, but I can't seem to find anything that works the way I'd like. Details inside.

-type notes in multiple places directly on a web page.
-have these notes linked to text, so that if the page changes, the note moves accordingly.
-have these notes show up whenever I revisit the page, without having to click on or hover over them.
-preferably without the use of a bunch of "sticky note" boxes, or if need be, at least allow me to resize the boxes to make them fit the text.
-typed, not drawn with a pen tool.
-prefer chrome, but if the only solution is firefox I'll take a look.

What hasn't worked:
Beanote
Microsoft Edge webnote feature
posted by gennessee to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

I haven't tried it myself, but the first thing that came to mind for me was the Genius Web Annotator.
(From the makers of Rap Genius.)
posted by D.Billy at 12:04 PM on July 16

Well, the first hit I got in Google was a Chrome extension called Hypothesis - Web & PDF Annotation, which sounded similar to what you wanted, so I installed it, set up an account, but it looks more social/collaborative. I mention it purely FYI.
posted by forthright at 5:24 PM on July 16

Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly, neither of these seem to display notes without clicking/hovering.
posted by gennessee at 1:17 PM on July 17

« Older Mould removal   |   Help me find a better plain white tee Newer »