Things to do in Asheville, NC with a dog?

This weekend, my wife and I will be taking our trusty hound, Rosie to Asheville, NC. We're looking for outdoorsy things to do or places to go that we could enjoy together (as well as human only places, though many people have that question before). Suggestions for hikes, activities, restaurants, shops, etc. are welcome!
posted by Bromius to Travel & Transportation around Asheville, NC (6 answers total)

Dinner with dog go here or here. Call ahead to get an outside table.
posted by Mr. Yuck at 3:44 PM on July 13 [1 favorite]

I didn't get a chance to visit the Battery Park Book Exchange on my brief visit to Asheville, but they allow dogs in the store.
posted by shornco at 4:18 PM on July 13 [2 favorites]

Also! We went to the River location of the 12 Bones Smokehouse and not only was the food delicious, but they had a large outdoor seating area that my dog enjoyed.
posted by shornco at 4:21 PM on July 13

12 Bones by the river is closed ): Not sure about the pet policy at the south location, but they do have outside seating out back so I'm pretty sure all three of you would be welcome there.

Lots of hiking nearby, I'll throw out Rattlesnake Lodge (1, 2, 3, 4) I'd recommend the Ox Creek trailhead; just make sure when you park you're well off the road!

Hope you have a great time!
posted by achrise at 4:29 PM on July 13

12 bones reopened just down the road.

Was just there with a dog and literally ever store downtown welcomed the dog in to shop. All the breweries were dog friendly too.
posted by greta simone at 8:34 PM on July 13

Biltmore Estate has lots of dog-friendly options, if that was already going to be a stop during your trip. The azalea gardens are particularly fun to go through with dogs in tow; lots of little bridges and jump-over-the-creek spots, and loads of gorgeous trees and bushes and plants and flowers. I believe the restaurant Cedric's (in the little village near the winery) allows dogs. It's a standard beer-n-burger place, but IMHO quite good.
posted by witchen at 5:23 PM on July 14

« Older Career change to infosec?   |   Can I put an underwire bikini top in an extractor?... Newer »