Going Sideways to Solvang
January 16, 2006 8:04 PM Subscribe
I'd like recommendations on places to stay and things to do in and around Solvang, CA.
posted by robhuddles to travel & transportation around Solvang, CA (13 answers total)
For our annual anniversary trip, my wife and I are going to go all "Sideways" and head down to Solvang. A couple of notes:
1. We're driving down there, so transportation isn't an issue. If there's something neat to do in the vicinty, that'd be great.
2. We're going in late July, and will be spending the weekend, probably arriving late Thursday and leaving early Sunday, so if there are festivals and whatnot, we'd like to know.
3. We generally prefer smaller B&B's, so we're particularly interested in those, but if there's a more traditional hotel that's cool and has some local flavor, we'll consider it. Regular old hotels and motels are not to be considered. Our pricing requirements are pretty flexible.
4. We're both really into wine tasting, so that will absolutely be a primary focus of the trip. Recommendations for specific wineries to visit (or to avoid) are appreciated.
5. We'd also like to hear about good restaurants in the area. At least one meal will be the big "official" anniversary meal, so we need someplace fancy for that, but other ideas for all meals would be great.