I spy with my little eye something beginning with "B"

Boxes! I'm looking for small, stackable, attractive boxes.

I take quite a few supplements, and that number is going to increase. To streamline the process a little, I'm looking for a set of boxes so I can get everything for the week together at once.

Criteria:
  • Attractive. I like lots of different things--cute, elegant, folksy, zen, whatever--just pretty.
  • Stackable. I won't die if they're not, but it would be nice.
  • Must hold about 30 good-sized tablets. No, I don't take that many right now. But you never know.
I don't like traditional pill-dispensing boxes from the pharmacy, so those are right out. Bonus points for very good design.
posted by frykitty to Home & Garden (8 answers total)

OMG Boxes! The Container Store HAS to have something that'll suit your needs.
posted by disillusioned at 3:00 PM on December 31, 2005

Oh, and extra special bonus points for spotting the reference in the title.
posted by frykitty at 3:00 PM on December 31, 2005

Ah! I looked at Storables, but they don't have an online store. I knew there had to be someplace else I hadn't heard of! Thanks!
posted by frykitty at 3:01 PM on December 31, 2005

Speedy followup: sadly, I don't see anything there that isn't, well, fugly. I really don't want tupperware-type stuff.
posted by frykitty at 3:05 PM on December 31, 2005

Non-fugly handmade fair trade boxes!
posted by naomi at 3:20 PM on December 31, 2005

Naomi's link has some pretty cool boxes...

Re: Container store, did you shop outside of the Kitchen category I linked to?

Searching for boxes yields such a variety of containers, I can't imagine all of them would be considered so ugly. Even for the most discriminating of box palates.

But, way cooler and designed specifically for pills are Kyle Design's. (Googled for "cool pill dispenser.")
posted by disillusioned at 3:28 PM on December 31, 2005

You could always make your own.

I've made some of these, and although it can take a while, the results are very pleasing.
posted by mach at 3:37 PM on December 31, 2005

Muji storage boxes (like all Muji products) are the epitome of "elegant," and come in many stackable sizes.
posted by mbrubeck at 6:58 PM on December 31, 2005

« Older What is this? Mid-late eightie...   |  Is it possible to change the d... Newer »