Good jewelry store - downtown Chicago?

Recommendations for a good place to buy (expensive) earrings in Chicago - downtown/loop area, on December 28th? (And yes, Tiffany & Co has a store on Michigan Avenue, but I'm looking for a place with less attitude and more value.)
posted by WestCoaster to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)

Suggestion, although just from having walked by these stores — no firsthand knowledge.
posted by WCityMike at 6:08 PM on December 24, 2005

I'll second jewelers row - I have a friend who used to work at one of the small stores on Wabash and they had great stuff for prices that were a LOT better than Tiffany's or Cartier.
posted by echo0720 at 9:18 AM on December 25, 2005

You could find a gold/silversmith who actually makes the pieces, instead of buying something that came cheaply-made out of a factory somewhere. It seems like markup=attitude at most stores I've been to.
posted by BrandonAbell at 9:26 AM on December 25, 2005

A third recommendation for Jewlers Row...its pretty amazing "old world" sort of slice of Chicago.
posted by _zed_ at 9:45 AM on December 25, 2005

« Older New guitar for leftie string it jimmy hendrix...   |   Is Zicam safe to use? Newer »