Honda Odyssey van speed sensor cost?

What's a reasonable price to pay to replace a speed sensor in a 1995 Honda Odyssey van?
posted by wsg to Travel & Transportation (6 answers total)

Your car has more than one kind of speed sensor. Could you be more specific?
posted by Kwantsar at 5:07 PM on December 7, 2005

Kwantsar, sorry, no, I can't. I am no mechanic and was told that what I need is a speed sensor. My speedometer, tripometer and cruise control quit at the same time and the check engine light comes on. The car is running fine, though.
posted by wsg at 6:19 PM on December 7, 2005

ya know, i typed in "honda odyssey 1995 speed sensor" into google and this site came up 4th. (kind of an obnoxious interface, but) if you let the flash or whatever it is load and navigate to the odyssey, under 'automatic transmission' there is 'speed sensor' for $87.

alternatively just google "honda car parts" and you should get about a million zillion pages allowing you to comparison shop.

i'd suspect you could find one at a junkyard if you called around locally for 20-40 bucks.
posted by sergeant sandwich at 7:34 PM on December 7, 2005

whoops. this site.

It's on the transmission in most cars. It can be a 5 minute job in some cases, but I don't know your car. Possible it's a real pain to get at.
posted by knave at 8:53 PM on December 7, 2005

Drivetrain and chassis-wise, the first generation of Odyssey vans were essentially large Accord wagons (based on the 94-97 chassis).

This usenet post suggests the VSS for your van is in a pretty conspicuous location, but YM, as always, MV.
posted by porntips guzzardo at 9:17 AM on December 8, 2005

« Older DevFilter: For those of you wh...   |  I had to buy an air compressor... Newer »