Buying Christmas Trees in Boston

Where can I buy a Christmas tree in Boston? I moved to Boston in August and live in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood. In every other city I've lived in, there were Christmas Tree stands all over the place. So far, I've seen none. I want to buy a live tree, but where do I go? So far, all I've seen are the cut-your-own places far out of town. Any ideas?
posted by abbyladybug to Home & Garden (12 answers total)

There are a bunch of places I know of in the Arlington, Watertown, Belmont area - they're not too hard to find. I drive through JP every morning and haven't noticed anywhere there though. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a place in Dedham or Newton (closer to you)
posted by soplerfo at 2:42 PM on December 3, 2005

Corner of Berkeley and Tremont in the South End.
posted by Mayor Curley at 3:00 PM on December 3, 2005

I stopped by Allandale Farm today + they have a lot of trees. They are located on Allandale Rd down the street from the Faulkner Hospital.
posted by sugarwater at 3:03 PM on December 3, 2005

Blooms and Greens in Roslindale sells trees, and they will deliver to JP if that's what you need.
posted by initapplette at 3:07 PM on December 3, 2005

There is usually a place selling trees on Harvard Street in Allston, right before the intersection with Cambridge St. I'm not sure if they've set up shop yet this year, though.
posted by killdevil at 3:14 PM on December 3, 2005

Oh, and the lot next to the IHOP on Soldier's Field Road in Brighton.
posted by Mayor Curley at 3:40 PM on December 3, 2005

I used to get mine at faneuil hall.
posted by sophie at 3:59 PM on December 3, 2005

Order one from L.L.Bean. Free shipping and if you hate it, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Disclaimer: I used to work for Bean. Their trees are great - grown in northern maine.
posted by anastasiav at 5:28 PM on December 3, 2005

I second Allandale Farm. If you're in JP it's not far at all. I used to walk down there from the monument all the time.
posted by Nothing at 6:26 PM on December 3, 2005

Hooray! Ask MeFi reigns supreme! We didn't think we'd have time with all the work we both have to do today, but Allendale Farm is really close by. Thanks, everyone.
posted by abbyladybug at 5:46 AM on December 4, 2005

OK, thought I'd share. Here were each are this morning at Allendale Farm after reading Ask Mefi!

Abby and Aaron
posted by abbyladybug at 3:24 PM on December 4, 2005

They are. Saw it today.
posted by Mayor Curley at 6:37 PM on December 4, 2005

« Older Will converting a home page fr...   |  What is being referenced when ... Newer »