ps2 networking help
November 27, 2005 3:02 PM Subscribe
Help us get our PlayStation 2 online...
posted by sanitycheck to computers & internet (6 answers total)
My boyfriend really really wants to play Battlefront 2 online, but we are having trouble getting it to work. We share internet with the upstairs neighbours via a wireless connection (the router is in their apartment).
Here is what we have at our disposal:
- Powerbook with wireless internet connection
- Windows XP desktop with wireless internet connection
- regular and crossover ethernet cables
- admin access to the router (Motorola WR850G), but no physical access to it
Things we have tried so far:
1. Internet sharing through the ethernet card on the powerbook, with manually assigned IP and DNS on the PS2. This worked for a day and then inexplicably stopped working. When we try it now, I can ping the PS2 frm the Powerbook and get a response, but the PS2 can't get online.
2. Internet sharing through the ethernet card on the Windows box, with manually assigned IP and DNS. This works for Battlefront 1 but not 2.
Setting the PS2 to automatically grab address info via DHCP hasn't worked at all, through either the Powerbook or WinXP.
Our current connection setup looks something like this:
PS2 ---> WinXP box ---> Motorola wireless router ---> DSL connection
My networking skills don't extend much beyond what we've tried so far. I imagine it is a blocked port problem but have no idea how to fix it. Do I need to unblock ports in WinXP, at the router level, or both?