How should I be taking care of my skin?
August 30, 2014 10:21 PM Subscribe
What is the ideal skincare regimen for an adult male?
posted by Cucurbit to Health & Fitness (16 answers total) 22 users marked this as a favorite
I am a relatively young adult white male. My skin is mostly normal as far as I know, but it often gets quite dry. I would like to know what things I should be doing to take THE BEST POSSIBLE care of my skin, including what specific products I should be buying (I'm definitely willing to spend more if it's worth it) and how exactly I should be using them. I understand the importance of proper sleep, hydration, and regular exercise. I don't smoke and don't drink anything dehydrating. I would like to know:
- What specific moisturizer should I buy and when/how should I use it? Should I use a different one in the morning and at night?
- What specific sunblock should I buy and when/how should I use it?
- Do I always need to use sunblock on all sun-exposed parts of my body every day? What about Vitamin D?
- Is it essential to shower in cold water? I like taking long, hot showers, but I know that's supposed to dry out your skin. I guess I already know the answer to this... :(
- What specific kind of soap should I be using? Should I use different soap for my face and my body?
- Should I use some sort of implement, like a sponge, to apply soap to my face and/or body? Which specific one should I use?
- I shave every day; does my choice of products here matter with regard to the health/appearance of my skin? I currently use an electric foil razor and Barbasol shaving cream.
- Are there any good books or other resources I should read on this subject?
- Anything I've left out due to my lack of knowledge.